DVD editing/burning

Reaction score
I'm a mac newbie as of January and thus far have been able to figure out most of what I need to do. I got the iMac. I have a dvd of a concert my band performed. I'd like to segment the video as now it is just one long clip. Then I'd like to burn copies for the rest of the band. I can't seem to find out how to do this. Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Bud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
You might be able to use iMovie for edit it and Toast for burning copies:) I'm still learning too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I have a dvd of a concert my band performed. I'd like to segment the video as now it is just one long clip. Then I'd like to burn copies for the rest of the band.

Quicktime Pro does a good job of editing video, and then burn to dvd using Toast As Jenn suggests, or Quickburn (a freebie). Make sure your optical drive and the disk media are compatible too.

Reaction score
Well, first off, have you gotten your movies off the DVD yet? There are a couple ways to do this, but probably the app Handbrake will be one of the easiest.

Free options are then to use iMovie and iDVD. Toast is a nice app, but it'll cost you some money. You can watch some video tutorials on iMovie and iDVD at apples site here.

Good Luck.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks, I downloaded Handbrake and got the video up in mp4 format on my mac. :D Now I need to figure out how to segment each song on the video, then burn copies for the band. Evidently iDVD doesn't seem to want to open it.

Bud

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.