Well It's Official

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
For the past few months I have been wanting a Mac. I was wanting to get a MBP but I wanted to wait till they were updated with a new case design. Well, Feb came and went with just a slight spec bump and multi touch so I said I would wait till WWDC to see what developed, well nothing happened at WWDC so I bought my brand new MBP this afternoon.

I got a 15.4 MBP.
2.4GHZ
2GB Memory
200GB Hard Drive

I decided to go with the matte screen just because I need tru colors for my photography.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
congrats on your new mbp, i guess you will have to change your profile soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4
Congratulations on the Mac are you enjoying it?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I am loving it. It is going to take some getting use to, but that will take like a week.

Right now I am really just transferring files, bookmarks, playlists, ... from my desktop.

Reaction score
Congratulations man, But i still think you should wait. Thats what im doing anyway. Appleinsider reported a large import of new LED macbook displays.. that was a good couple of weeks back. Suggesting that an update is on the horizon either this month or next month. Maybe even january hopefully soon i cant hold out much longer.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have waited enough. I can always upgrade if they come out with something new. Right now, I am happy with my choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
that is awesome man, congrats. i'll be getting mine this saturday and it will be the same one as you, but i think i am going with 4 gigs of ram. you get it at lenox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
wow congrats on the MBP:) Thats a huge HDD lol

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that is awesome man, congrats. i'll be getting mine this saturday and it will be the same one as you, but i think i am going with 4 gigs of ram. you get it at lenox?

Yes, I did get it at Lenox. I work right next to it. Also, I was going to get 4 gigs of ram, but it is better to add that in later. You can get it cheap from a third party!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
yeah updates are going to constantly come out...your laptop is probably running exactly how you want it to so it's no big deal. Good call on the matte screen in my opinion...I love it

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am pretty happy with the matte screen. I went into the store wanting to get a glossy screen, but the apple girl explained the tru color issues with matte. I do photography and web development so it was important for me to see tru colors without need to calibrate!

I am very happy with it so far. I am on my windows laptop which is for work right now and I already don't like windows!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
Congratulations on your purchase!!!

I was also waiting for the WWDC to see if any upgraded MB/MBP would be announced. Well, nothing has been announced but I'll still be waiting couple of weeks (as I'm still saving the money) so if new models come out in the meantime, it would be good. If they don't by the time I have the money, I don't really care as I'm not looking for having the latest technology or whatsoever but rather get something that meet my needs!!

As I'm likely to go for MB, I don't remember what kind of screen is on? (matte or glossy). I'm not very sure to know or being able to make the differences between the 2 but after reading some posts, it seems that matte are more appreciated?

By the way, I've read that an Apple store is going to open on July 19th in Sydney!!! Can't wait :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One comment, All I ever hear about on here is people saying 2GB or 4GB of RAM. Everyone says they upgrade their RAM first thing when they get their Macs, all I have to say is why? I am running the default 2GB of RAM on my MBP and I have not even come close to using up the 2GB of RAm I have. I have been watching my istat for ram.

I had iMovie, Photoshop, Firefox, Coda, Quicktime, and iTunes all running at one time with active content open on all of them, and I was only at 1.5GB of RAM.

Is there really a need for 4GB? It just seems like that is a bit much and I am very computer savvy individual!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
Congrats! I got my MBP a little over a month ago and I've had no regrets.

On the RAM issue, it all depends on how far you are going to go on your computer. You may never see it use all 2 gigs of RAM, but if you ever do need that much it's nice you know that you have it if you do upgrade to 4 gigs. Just don't get it from Apple or else you will overpay by a lot.

In OSX I never use more than 2 gigs, but when I'm running in Vista and playing games on high graphics while running other programs in the background I tend to run well into 3 gigs. Just running Vista by itself with only IE running, I tend to hit 2 or even a little more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I put 4 gigs in mine and if the OS sees it, it will use it. I have managed to put mine to good use so far. Im using MenuMeters to monitor mine without having to go into dashboard to check the stats.http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters/

Reaction score
Congratulations man, But i still think you should wait. Thats what im doing anyway. Appleinsider reported a large import of new LED macbook displays.. that was a good couple of weeks back. Suggesting that an update is on the horizon either this month or next month. Maybe even january hopefully soon i cant hold out much longer.

I am waiting too.

I am lusting for an aluminum and black MBP with multitouch interface and full montevina platform, that will be sweet indeed and worth the wait.

Reaction score
Just like many, I was waiting for an announcement at WWDC. Since there was not one, I drove 2 hours to Alpharetta, GA to pickup my 2.4ghz MacBook Pro. I LOVE THIS MACHINE! I'm going to install 4GB of RAM tonight.

One thing that worries me is the aluminum case. Does it dent easy? What are some good hard cases to buy to protect my MBP? Thanks

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.