• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So... it's the 9th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
When can we expect any sort of iPhone news? Or will I be refreshing the site all day :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
9th where? Its still 7:10 p.m. here in Toronto (Eastern Time/ -5 GMT)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I live 80 miles from where Jobs will take the stage. It's 4.11 PM here on the 8th. You will have to wait! :D

I am more interested in Snow Leopard and if it's for real, only runs on Intel Macs and only runs on 64 Bit Intel Macs! Main reason is every Mac I have is either a G4, G5 or 32-Bit Intel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I called the Apple store yesterday and the person I talked to said to call back after WWDC keynote around 1:00PM eastern time.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
England. We're at 00:31! So 1pm eastern is 7pm over here right? That's soooo far away!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
England. We're at 00:31! So 1pm eastern is 7pm over here right? That's soooo far away!

Hey! Its not even the 9th here yet. Think about how we feel!

Sheesh...

Not being serious, btw...I DO understand time zones :p

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh but... it's the 9th here! That's what's going to kill me. How am I supposed to go through my day all wound up like this?! Or sleep!

O2's online shop is down atm, I wonder if that means anything... probably not, but i can live in hope!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Are any of you planning on getting one as soon as there available?
I'm calling Apple store first thing in the morning.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Me! And I really shouldn't, I have less than no money after buying a car on Friday...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have $500 saved I think once I get this one I'm gonna keep it for a while and see what develops over the next year.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've got about £400 coming in this week... I can see that being swiftly converted to an iPhone, but knowing my luck they'd sell out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The iPhone is much more popular in Europe than I ever thought. I have sold several on ebay all of them have gone to either Ireland or the U.K. I can't really blame them with the weak dollar.It's a good deal for them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
I already have a 16Gb iPhone on o2. They have been sold out of all iPhones for a while now so hopefully thats the sign about the worst kept secret in Apple history! Anyway here's hoping that they will offer some kind of upgrade route for those of us who have already bought one! I'm certainly not paying out bucket loads of dosh just for 3G and possibly GPS but I would like them! I'm saving all my money at the moment for a new 17" macbook pro with hires screen. With the montevina chipset it is likely to be DDR3 sodimms so thats £300 for the 4Gb kit rather than £60 !!! (or £450 if Apple implement montevina's triple channel interface and we get a 6Gb limit!)

Reaction score
Well, it's still the eighth here in the states. You still have about 16+ hours to keep refreshing. I would go outside and do something.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I'm going to have to go to bed... it's nearly 2am. Cya all in a few hours!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
AHH!! can't stand the anticipation!!! It's still the 8th here, and I have finals in school tomorrow so I can't ditch!!! I have to sneak a look on my teacher's computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I think I might actually get it. I'm between the Samsung Instinct and the new iPhone.

I'm just going to see how it all turns out. I am 'between plans' right now, so I kind of have time.

AHH!! can't stand the anticipation!!! It's still the 8th here, and I have finals in school tomorrow so I can't ditch!!! I have to sneak a look on my teacher's computer.

If you had an iPhone...

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My contract was up a few months ago and I've just been hanging on trying to find a phone I actually LIKE.

And yes, I am still awake yet another hour later :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
It kills me how everyone other than pretty much California residents have to wait till mid-day or mid-evening to get all the news.

Check out the signature !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.