Looking into a PowerBook G4

Reaction score
Hey guys, 1st post here. I am thinking about switching from PC to a Mac, and I am looking at a Macbook G4 on eBay and am wondering if would be a good buy or not. I’m not really looking to spend a lot of money. This will not be my main computer, just something I use for schoolwork (Im a college student) and basic things. My other computer is a desktop PC. Here is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180248940647&fromMakeTrack=true

Is this too outdated? Good product? Let me know. OS too outdated? Can it be updated? Not too familiar with Mac’s but have heard nothing but good things and want to make the switch, just not all at once.

Thanks,

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I would go with an Intel Mac the iBooks were nice but they are kind of getting old. I had one and liked it very much,But to really experience Leopard you should get an Intel Mac.

OP
N
Reaction score
I would go with an Intel Mac the iBooks were nice but they are kind of getting old. I had one and liked it very much,But to really experience Leopard you should get an Intel Mac.

It has Panther. which I know is a little outdated, but, like I said this machine will not be used for anything too extensive just basic powerpoint, word, and surfing the web.

Just want to know if its too outdated for stuff like that or if it would be good for what I want to do with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I doubt your going to find that same ibook for that price. IMO those websites are inaccurate with there prices. Do some research on ebay and see what they have been selling for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.