Webcam Motion Detection Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8ghz
Hi can anyone suggest software for the mac that will allow me to capture motion (security/cctv) video. i had software for Windows but i can't find any for the mac. can anyone recommend a good webcam as all my USB webcams don't want to work on the mac. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Not sure about the motion detection software, but if you want a webcam to supplant the presumed built-in iSight, a RocketFish Webcam (roughly US$50) works fine with a Mac. I got one for my parents to use with their iSight-less Mac Mini. Haven't tested it with Leopard, but it definitely works with Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac / 3gb ram
I found this today while looking to get my logitech webcam working on my iMac. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet:

http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/

"What is macam?

macam is a driver for USB webcams on Mac OS X. It allows hundreds of USB webcams to be used by many Mac OS X video-aware applications. The aim is to support as many webcams as possible."

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
do you mind me asking what windows one you had? was it freeware?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.