Importing Gmail mailboxes

Reaction score
Would someone please tell me if it is possible to import (to the iMac) mailboxes from a Gmail account?

Thanks,

Jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Yes. Just drag the Mail app to your dock if it isnt already there. you enter in your server and IP information, etc, so it grabs the emails from that account to the Mail app. I have done that with my bellsouth.net account, and I haven't visited my email page in days. I've been reading them from Mail :)

Heres a link:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1371040

OP
JamesE117
Reaction score
Import Mailboxes From Google

Thanks for the suggestions, but I was asking if you import mailboxes/folders set up in Gmail to Mac mail? I used the POP feature in Gmail to send all my incoming mail to Mac mail...but how do I get all those old, stored e-mail from google to mac

Jim

Reaction score
use IMAP - you can turn this on in your gmail settings - then set up an IMAP account in mail (rather than POP) - then you will will have access to the entire gmail mailbox through mail.app

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.