I want my camera on the desktop...

Reaction score
How do I set up my camera to appear on the desktop rather than opening iphoto? I want to be able to control the photo import rather than letting the computer just import everything.

Thanks,

mike.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
youre camera has to come with the feature of use as a hard drive that you can add or remove photos from, I havent seen lots of cameras with this feature, seems sorta useless, why would you want to put anything on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, maybe he wants to manually add photos to be able to show them to friends on the road using the camera's built-in display...

I don't know a way to do this either, but you could check to see if it shows up in disc utility and can be mounted from there...

Alternatively get a USB card reader which will allow you to use the memory cards the way you described...

D

Desolate One

I can understand where he's coming from. When I transfer my photos from my digital camera over to my PC it acts like a drive. I can put them in specific folders where I want on the computer's HDD. When I connected the digital camera to the iBook, when I first got it the iBook, iPhoto did everything automatically. I also would prefer to be able to place them into specific folders depending on the content.

Granted I haven't played around with it enough to figure it out on my own, but I think tonight I will!

D

Desolate One

That did it! One step closer to retiring Windows as an operating system I use!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I didnt see an option in image capture to ut images in order and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.