• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

3G iPhone to Come in Two Sizes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Engadget just posted this story an hour or two ago.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/05/3g-iphone-touchscreen-leaks-out/

Supposedly the touch screens for the 3G iPhone have leaked out. Not only that but there are two different sizes, 3.2 inch and 2.5 inch.

Does this mean theres going to be an iPhone Nano?

Only time will tell...WWDC is only four days away!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I hope they don't get smaller, but that's just me. I'm still hoping to see them on Monday (although I would find it hilarious if they weren't released).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
RONE... even though I am not with AT&T and I don't think that I will get the iPhone anytime soon, I am still uber excited about the new iPhone whenever it comes out.

It will not just be funny I think it will be AWESOMELY HILARIOUS in a messed up way, if WWDC comes and goes and No New iPhones are announced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
totally fake, I highly doubt that Apple would do that, I mean why would you want a smaller one??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Smaller cheaper version of the iPhone has been rumored since the original came out and a lot of people would be even more interested especially at a lower price point, which will help Apple regain the Market Share in the Smart Phone category that it lost in the first Quarter of the year while Palm and BlackBerry kicked in with their new models.

I actually think a Smaller version would be a great move. But then again, Monday is right around the corner and we'll see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Ive herd that it might be available as a free upgrade here in the u.K. i cant wait to find out...that would be AMAZIN!

Even if it is only £100, that would be a very attractive prospect.

I think apple want to meet the ten million iphone mark, so they will let the networks subsidise it. We just have to wait for monday and see.

Plus, they have apparently been shipping secret packages to california...they coud be the new models, who knows...i cant wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I could imagine a second iPhone with a smaller screen, but shrinking the size of the new 3G iPhone seems highly unlikely, and would be a very bad move on Apple's part.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
totally fake, I highly doubt that Apple would do that, I mean why would you want a smaller one??

not as expensive? thats the only reason i can think of :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
not as expensive? thats the only reason i can think of :p

But rumors are that it will be subsidized by AT&T, still doubt it, but we'll see on Monday:D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I doubt it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think 3.2 is pushing it, but any smaller and it would become really hard to type on. (unless it's wider :eek: )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
I don't they will make any changes to the size I mean i am perfectly happy with the size of mine.Is anyone disappointed with the size?

Also I highly doubt they will be lowering the price on the 3G iPhones if anything, if they continue to sell current iPhones I don't think it would be unorthodox to see a price drop. But if apple is Smart which lets face it they are they will milk this sick phone for all its wroth

p.s Is anyone expecting the phone to go on sale on the 9th or am i the only one who think it will be a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Just saw this photo and story on Crave for anyone who's interested in seeing what may possibly be the new phone. It's a little thinner, a little smaller bezel, and MBA-like beveling. Oh, and multiple colors (thank goodness).

Is anyone disappointed with the size?

Not me. I don't think it could be any more perfect. I never wanted to get a smartphone because they were always too wide, but the iPhone seems to have it just right.

if they continue to sell current iPhones I don't think it would be unorthodox to see a price drop. But if apple is Smart which lets face it they are they will milk this sick phone for all its wroth

p.s Is anyone expecting the phone to go on sale on the 9th or am i the only one who think it will be a while.

I doubt they will continue selling the current one. That's why they've run out, because they stopped production. It looks like they actually screwed up their forecasting and ran out long before they expected to.

I agree that we may not see a 3G iPhone for some time even though they may announce it. The reason they announced the first one long before it's release is because they knew it would have been leaked through the FCC as soon as they submitted it for approval. I don't know much about FCC rules, but I think since this one will be 3G, it will have to go through the same approval process before going on sale.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Hey i checked out that link last night on Gizmodo, and lets face it it is just another rumor or something someone drew up. I read about 12 reason why it is a fake. Also why would they put to cameras on the phone thats just silly.

I do think there will be a color change but only black as already leaked through At&t last week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.