Which Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I've been a mac user but am using pc right now unfortunatly. I am about to buy a brand new mac and can not decide on the Imac or the Air? I love the look of both. Hard drive size is a plus however I have plenty of portable hardrives for notebooks. Anyone use either one that can give me some pro's & con's. Trust me any mac, including an imac G3...LOL...looks better than the 2 new vista's I am using, but they were free so I can not complain...LOL...;D

Reaction score
Well, you already have a Macbook...do you really need more portability? If not, then definitely go for the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 250 GB HDD, Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard
I would personally suggest an iMac. Even if you want to be portable, the Air is WAY to expensive for the price you are paying. Only 80GB HD, 1 gig of Ram, and the optical drive is external... You would just be adding more hardware to carry around with your lappy. For the price, you are basically paying for the extremely thin profile of the case. I'm not saying its a bad compy, but for only $200 more, I got everything in my BlackBook listed below my pic. The only real bad thing I have experienced from the iMac at work is that it gets EXTREMELY hot really fast. Other than that, it was a good purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
I would roll with the iMac if I were you. I think you'll get more bang for you buck. You can't beat if for what you get with the price, especially if you are considering it versus the MBA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
unless you want to buy a 100 USD SuperDrive for your Air, i think the iMac would be the better choice.

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Thanks...The Imac is the winner hands down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Defiantly imac. Much better specs and larger screen for the price.

Reaction score
I really like where the macbook air is going, but I don't think it's quite ready for prime time. It's too expensive, and it doesn't have a lot of features. When you consider you can't change out the battery, and all the add-ons you would have to carry I don't think it's really all that portable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.