Best deal on a MacBook?

Reaction score
This may sound noobish but has anybody found any stores besides the actual Mac store that has better prices??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
there arent any sites where you are going to find a price well below apple but here are few places you can check out

you can looked at factory refurbished macs

or you can try macmall

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 250 GB HDD, Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard
Got my Mac at MacMall. Only saved like 70 bucks, but hey, adds up doesn't it? That 70 bucks paid my internet bill.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC
If you are a student you can get educational discounts through the Apple store, or through your university bookstore. My son saved quite a bit of money getting it through his university store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Apple controls prices real tightly. The only discounts you'll find are either the student discount or the prices on refurbed models.

Reaction score
I got mine through my university. $100 off. when dealing with Apple products and $off is good it seems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, 30GB iPod Video
I got my MBP through MacMall. I saved hundreds even before all of their mail-in rebates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Refurbished is the way to go

Reaction score
I work for the federal government and got a discount of about $80 off the $1299 MB. The discount is available to any government employee at the Apple store and on the Apple web store = just need a gov't ID or paystub.

Reaction score
I got our iMac and MB thru Amazon, free shipping, no taxes and good rebates (that may be over by now, this was last month). MacMall is good also, especially for refurb stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.