New MacBook Pro or iMac?

Reaction score
This isn't really a switcher question but I didn't know where to post since I wanted both camps to answer. I currently own a macbook with Intel Core Duo, 1 gb RAM, 80 gb HD, iLife 08 running Leopard. I want more ram and a bigger hard drive since I only have about 15 gb left. Most of it is taken up by music and pictures, videos etc. Should I sell my macbook and get a MB Pro or keep the MB and get an iMac? Being in the military, I do travel a lot but I've noticed that my MB rarely comes out unless I have access to free wifi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Since you don't use it out and about that much I'd keep the MB and get the iMac - you can have the power at home but still be portable when you need to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
"Should I get a laptop or a desktop"

This question always confuses me. Surely the benefits and drawbacks of both are obvious!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
"Should I get a laptop or a desktop"

This question always confuses me. Surely the benefits and drawbacks of both are obvious!

Ah, but is this case it's having a laptop AND a desktop or just a better laptop.

Reaction score
I say its better to have one good laptop than a macbook and an imac because you would have to keep them both in sync, where as if you had one laptop you can just pick it up and take everything with you with out having to faf around with file transfers.

Im using my macbook pro as my main computer as a desktop at home then a laptop when im out and about and its much easier and more practical han when i used to have a seperate desktop and laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Should I sell my macbook and get a MB Pro or keep the MB and get an iMac? Being in the military, I do travel a lot but I've noticed that my MB rarely comes out unless I have access to free wifi.

How about sell your MB and buy an iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
if i were in your shoes i would buy an imac and keep the mb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
i'd sell the mb and get a new black mb, use extra money to get upgrades and software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
I'd go with keeping the MB and getting an iMac to go along with it. Let your iMac be your main PC and use the MB for the instances when you need to be mobile. Best of both worlds. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 250 GB HDD, Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard
i'd sell the mb and get a new black mb, use extra money to get upgrades and software
Agreed, thats what I did, and I am very happy with the purchase. I have a desktop setup for my BlackBook at my home for my office when I'm working on a project, and then when I wanna just relax and fart around on the internet, i just unplug my external accessories and plop on the couch. Love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.