MacBook Advice

Reaction score
i was just wondering if you mac proffesionals could give me a bit of advice. Ive been watching macbooks and how they progress for a while now and i figure nows my chance to pounce! im just finishing my exams here in England and im hoping im gonna get some money for them :Evil: so this is what im hoping to get

macbook
2.4Ghz
2gb RAM
160gb hard drive

-but im guessing that he back to school promo will be in the uk soon so i will hopefully get an ipod touch to which i can sell after,
also can you still get the ipod if you buy the macbook with an educational discount?

software
which is better for a long time windows user, iWork or Office 08 for mac?
and is there any other pieces of software i should consider getting, (eg parallels?)

i was wondering if you have any suggestions for a case for my macbook but i dont want to spend too much or want to be lugging around a huge bag :)

any other things i should know about?

thanks for the help in advance,

adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
office 2008 is better for 100% compatability, iWork is cheaper tho.
Pages (word processor) good for posters, fliers etc, not really gd for word processing
Numbers(spreadsheets)not good at all for spreadsheets, unless your making very simple ones
Keynote(Slideshow) much better then powerpoint…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
i was just wondering if you mac proffesionals could give me a bit of advice. Ive been watching macbooks and how they progress for a while now and i figure nows my chance to pounce! im just finishing my exams here in England and im hoping im gonna get some money for them :Evil: so this is what im hoping to get

macbook
2.4Ghz
2gb RAM
160gb hard drive

-but im guessing that he back to school promo will be in the uk soon so i will hopefully get an ipod touch to which i can sell after,
also can you still get the ipod if you buy the macbook with an educational discount?

software
which is better for a long time windows user, iWork or Office 08 for mac?
and is there any other pieces of software i should consider getting, (eg parallels?)

i was wondering if you have any suggestions for a case for my macbook but i dont want to spend too much or want to be lugging around a huge bag :)

any other things i should know about?

thanks for the help in advance,

adam

Office '08 for Mac would be the best, regardless. I have a MacBook (the 2.1 GHz model) and it's a very nice piece of machinery. I have a case for mine, nothing expensive (27 USD) and it works just fine. My only concern is the clunky AC Adapter. It comes with a ground wire extension or just the direct connection. I like to use both, but when I put them in the case, I'm worried if the pressure on the top of the screen from the Adapter would cause any harm.

Extra software-wise, you shouldn't really need anything else (excluding Office '08 for Mac) unless you're a photographer [Aperture 2] or a movie producer [Final Cut Express or Pro]. iLife has everything I'll need, and all I'll ever use.

I hope I helped out some :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.