widgets

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Hit F12 on your keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Widgets are anything from small applications to games... they access web info (rather than opening a web page), for instance weather, lotto even rss feed; or applications info such as itunes and iCal. There are a few that are included with leopard (I never looked at them in Tiger) but I think you can find tons of them at apple.com....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Why use them? Because they give you an instant view of useful information. You can summon them, learn what you want in a glance, and then dismiss them.

My favorite widgets are actually two weather widgets. One gives me the a quick 5 day forecast for my area, the other contains a weather.com derived real time moving weather radar for my area. I check them both multiple times a day. It is simple stuff like this that is really useful.

I also have a stocks widget, so that I can check how the stock market is doing every now and then, and then of course there is the invaluable iStat Pro. You can summon up more information about the current state of your Mac than you ever thought you would need, until you see it the first time of course. How hot are your CPUs? How fast are the fans turning? What is your IP address? All of this is available in this one widget.

The wonderful world of widgets is indeed wonderful. Try them out and you will quickly find them invaluable. Even Microsoft finally got the message, and embodied in their vastly inferior Gadgets implementation in Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb
What is the best one for global news/regular news? I've got Weather ones, ical, istat, and a dictionary one but I really want a good news one.

Also, what is the best one for listening to the radio if anyone uses that/seeing artist songs/artwork so i can put it straight into itunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
get one that supports RSS feed, and customize where you want your feeds to come from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Most practical widgets in this users opinion are:-

Currency Converter. Broadband Usage this Month. Weather Forcast. Football Results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.