transferring from Photoshop Elements to iPhoto

Reaction score
I have just bought a MacBook Pro after years on Windows.
I want to transfer my photo collection which is databased on Photoshop Elements 5 (Windows) onto my Mac in iPhoto. Most importantly I use tags in PSE 5 to organize my photos and I need to transfer all the photos with their tags attached - I DO NOT want to have to go through them all and redo the tags/keywords.
Is there an easy way of doing this??
I have bought PSE 6 for Mac but it is not nearly as friendly as my old PSE 5 and I think iPhoto looks easier to use - I really only use PSE for organizing my photos and use it very little for editing. Is my impression correct that iPhoto will suits my needs better than PSE?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Yes, iPhoto is excellent at organizing your photos -- that's what it really is. It has some editing features that are good enough for the casual photographer (like me!). To import your photos into iPhoto, you will need to import them folder by folder if you want to keep your organization. I don't know about your keywords, however. Have not tried to import photos with keywords so don't know if they will follow or not. Hopefully somebody else here can address that. You could try importing one folder and see what happens. There may be options to save the keywords. I know in iPhoto that when you export you are given options to use filenames, comments, etc. Maybe Elements has something like that?

Good luck, welcome to the mac world! Let us know how you do with your photos!

Reaction score
When photo is edited it is saved in iphoto library. After renaming drag it on to the desk top and then drag into iphoto and you will find there. I have just done this with the same photo twice under two different names

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.