• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sprint Data Plan TOS Change

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I heard that Sprint is changing their TOS for their data card plans by limiting the "unlimited" accounts to 5GB effective July 31st. Im so done with them when this goes into effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
I heard that Sprint is changing their TOS for their data card plans by limiting the "unlimited" accounts to 5GB effective July 31st. Im so done with them when this goes into effect.

I have received notification that this will go into effect. I guess they decided to cap their data usage to 5GB per month, just like Verizon and ATT has been doing for quite some time. I don't use 5GB per month myself. Yet, if you are a person that uses that and more per month, I can understand your concern. Hopefully you won't go over. :)

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I haven't gotten any notification from them. In what form did you receive it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
I haven't gotten any notification from them. In what form did you receive it?

I actually received it on my last bill in May. I don't have it anymore, but just so you know, this data cap is ONLY for consumer/business individual customers. There is a 300MB roaming limitation cap, and 5GB limitation on the Sprint network.

People who are on a corporate business account will not have these limitations.

Reaction score
I thought Sprint just came out with an unlimited everything plan (I believe $99 a month).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
*sigh*

Data caps are the devil.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought Sprint just came out with an unlimited everything plan (I believe $99 a month).

They did, but it doesn't include data cards or phone as modem connectivity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.