Buying advice

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am looking to buy my first mac and want to get a macbook pro (possibly even tomorrow). My question is, would it be better to wait? Apple is having some sort of announcement on the 9th (or is that just supposed to be for the iPhone). I would hate to buy my first mac and then see that they just released something new.

Reaction score
Yep im on that boat also mate. Im just going too wait a little hopefully they will release a new updated version of the MB/MBP.. you may aswell wait also its only a week away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
its not really a boat..... more like a gigantic ship ! I'm currently sat in the bar waiting for my new macbook pro 17" hi res.... do I don't I do I ......

Reaction score
I bought mine sunday apple store doesn't carry 7200 rpm so I had to place special order.. I did It with no regrets figured if I keep waiting for something possibly better I'll never get anything.. Cuz even if they do release something its not like the current MBP is turned into crap

Reaction score
I bought mine sunday apple store doesn't carry 7200 rpm so I had to place special order.. I did It with no regrets figured if I keep waiting for something possibly better I'll never get anything.. Cuz even if they do release something its not like the current MBP is turned into crap

^^ Exactly!
I bought mine last week, and I couldn't be happier. If we're always waiting for the next best thing, you'd never get anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
^^ Exactly!
I bought mine last week, and I couldn't be happier. If we're always waiting for the next best thing, you'd never get anything.

To be honest I would tend to agree BUT I already have a Mac pro so I am not waiting in order to be able to use a computer and I have to wait until 28th of this month anyway (pay day!). The way I look at it if they bring out a new model that is 10% quicker and 3-4 weeks away it is worth waiting for, if not then why would people pay 10% more for a 5% speed increase now - ie 2.5 upgrade to 2.6

The truth is IF I didn't have the Mac pro I would be there on the 28th handing over my money and leaving with the computer and I wouldn't care that a new model was being shipped but with my circumstances I can afford to wait a few weeks. A bonus is that in the UK the free ipod offer hasn't started yet and it is likely to start in a few weeks too. Blu-ray would be nice too ! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.