Going to apple store

k3s

Reaction score
Well i am going to be going to the apple store to get some stuff repaired but have some questions. First of all can they look up my macbook history( When i purchased it, warranty etc.. ) by my computers serial number? Also i believe my cousin used to download music using bittorrent on my computer when he was supposed to be using my computer for "work". Can the people look through my files and find these and get me in trouble? Is there a way to see hidden files, downloaded files etc.. to possibly rid myself of these? Can i get in trouble?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
They will have your computer's purchase date from the serial number. AS far as the music goes if it's your laptop it shouldn't be a problem. If its not then look in your music and downloads folders.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Yea it's my laptop, it's just hard to say whether if anything illegal as far as music downloading went. Thanks, so serial number then? Great, hopefully i will not have problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
One bit of advice this is coming from a "Apple Genius" I talked to last week when I took my Macbook in.Anything Physical or cosmetic they probably won't fix in the store you might want to save yourself a trip and just call Apple,If your still under warranty. Personally I don't think I will ever go to another Apple Store IMO they Suck! I like Apple products but I can't take cocky 19 year olds that know everything about nothing.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Well the palm rest is cracked, and i have heard it is a defect? Also the button makes a clicking sound when pressed when infact it is supposed to not. I am just hoping it is still will fix it since my macbook is only 4 months old!!!

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
One bit of advice this is coming from a "Apple Genius" I talked to last week when I took my Macbook in.Anything Physical or cosmetic they probably won't fix in the store you might want to save yourself a trip and just call Apple,If your still under warranty. Personally I don't think I will ever go to another Apple Store IMO they Suck! I like Apple products but I can't take cocky 19 year olds that know everything about nothing.

Call apple? As in a store or the actual apple company?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I would call Apple care I posted this story last week when I took mine in for the paint peeling they would not fix it in store,So I called Applecare they said no problem.The trackpad is a known issue Mine is starting to crack also I addressed this issue with Applecare they are going to fix it when I send it in.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
I would call Apple care I posted this story last week when I took mine in for the paint peeling they would not fix it in store,So I called Applecare they said no problem.The trackpad is a known issue Mine is starting to crack also I addressed this issue with Applecare they are going to fix it when I send it in.

Alright ill try that, ill see what the response is and try to get it fixed since the crack seems to be growing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Best of luck....I was told the cracks are caused by the magnets inside applying pressure to the plastic.

keep us updated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.