Apple Care Auto Enroll?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.07Ghz, 768 MB / iPod Video / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz
I have recently bought a lovely MBP and wondered something about APP.

I purchased APP at the same time as the notebook & was told by the store assistant that I don't need to register as its done on "Auto Enroll". Ok, but when I visited here & entered in my s/n (just to check) it has no record of APP!

Has anyone experienced this? Was there anyway of sorting it out?

btw It does say I'm covered for the 3-year period on the receipt but I would obviously prefer that wasn't my only proof.

edit:- There isn't any s/n in the APP box I got either!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
You should definitely go back to the store and question them about this. I would certainly not be happy. Otherwise send them an e-mail or call AppleCare. There should be an AppleCare policy/reference number printed on your receipt.

I bought my MBP in store and it was automatically registered (also verified on Apple's support website).

OP
FreshPants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.07Ghz, 768 MB / iPod Video / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz
You should definitely go back to the store and question them about this. I would certainly not be happy. Otherwise send them an e-mail or call AppleCare. There should be an AppleCare policy/reference number printed on your receipt.

I bought my MBP in store and it was automatically registered (also verified on Apple's support website).

I've since checked again on the Apple website and it said it has a record of further protection for my notebook but the information is pending.

I'll give it a few days then get in touch with the store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.