Alot of people here having trouble??

Reaction score
Hey guys,
so im pretty new here and waiting to buy a Mbp.
But somthing here is starting to concern me, There are alot of people posting that they are have big problems with their macbook's/pro's. i.e - Battery,Hd and more.. and i thought apple computers are one of the best and pc's dont have a chance but now i think not, i have an hp for over a year and never had any hardware or any other problems with it..
Any explanations? thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
On forums you read mostly about problems and never the majority who have no issues at all. I can find threads all over the net about Dell, IBM Thinkpad's, and every other major brand with people having issues. That is what you are seeing. NO hardware out there is perfect. You had good luck with your HP but I know of so many who have had issues too. They come to forums just like Mac Forums asking for help.

All I can say is my iMac G5, iBook G4, 2 Mac Mini's (One G4 and one Intel) and a few others have never given me one stitch of trouble. Nothing. NADA. Not one hardware issue.

I trust this thread is not going to turn into an Apple bash fest. If it does it will be locked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
People, pretty much by nature, don't often post "hey! This computer is amazing.. it's lasted!" ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
yeah your right, and no im not bashing apple, im for sure getting a mbp.. im sick of vista!
p.s mod- why would you lock someones thread over their own opinion? thats not right..

Reaction score
yeah your right, and no im not bashing apple, im for sure getting a mbp.. im sick of vista!
p.s mod- why would you lock someones thread over their own opinion? thats not right..

He's not closing it because of your opinion. Usually when these threads start, trolls will come in and start instigating!

But trust me, you will not regret getting a MB. The best of both worlds is how I look at it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
No computer is going to be perfect - and as far as I can tell it's hit and miss as to how long things last or what issues you have.

I have a 9 year old iBook that was fine until I got curious and took it to bits for the 3rd time - I think I've broken it.

I also worked in an internet cafe running the ancient G3 iMacs - I mean the old coloured ones, 366Mhz or something - solid little machines, never a hitch. Being a cafe there was also rather a lot of coffee spilt in keyboards - we had a few spares and just swapped them and dried them by the espresso machine - all were fine.

At the same time I've had the case of my macbook crack and get really discoloured, screen's flickering, superdrive all went horribly wrong etc etc. Though I wouldn't say I've had battery or HDD issues - my battery's died after 20 months and I'm ok with that - I wasn't nice to it!

So yeah, I still trust Apple I think - and more than anything else I can't stand the alternative! So I'll probably end up with whatever comes after this macbook, and it'll work for a few years til I get bored or break it and need something new...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
He's not closing it because of your opinion. Usually when these threads start, trolls will come in and start instigating!

But trust me, you will not regret getting a MB. The best of both worlds his how I look at it.

Exactly. I was just concerned people would join the thread and start apple bashing in which case always causes the thread to be locked.

Nothing against the OP at all!

Unless for some reason you get a dud MBP, and it can happen with any hardware, you will love the MBP! Great machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
Macs are susceptible to hardware failure just like PCs. The thing that makes Macs such a great computer is the stability and pure pleasure of the operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I bought my first Macbook pro a few months ago and have had no problems whatsoever. It is by far the best laptop I have ever owned, and I have owned about 5 (all pcs). Everything generally works perfect and could not be happier.

Reaction score
I absolutely love my mac book pro and mac pro. I used to be a PC guy, but don't ever see me switching back. The Mac products are just so much better in quality and performance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Only problem I have ever had with my MBP is when I use it in an environment all day long like my desk, and I dont provide enough space behind it for it to vent properly, the bluetooth eventually locks up and then the machine doesn['t want to shut down. This is entirely my fault though and not the MBP.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
On forums you read mostly about problems and never the majority who have no issues at all. I can find threads all over the net about Dell, IBM Thinkpad's, and every other major brand with people having issues. That is what you are seeing. NO hardware out there is perfect. You had good luck with your HP but I know of so many who have had issues too. They come to forums just like Mac Forums asking for help.

All I can say is my iMac G5, iBook G4, 2 Mac Mini's (One G4 and one Intel) and a few others have never given me one stitch of trouble. Nothing. NADA. Not one hardware issue.

I trust this thread is not going to turn into an Apple bash fest. If it does it will be locked.

Exactly. Simply stated, forums like this one are where people come for help when they have problems. And the vast majority of people don't stick around to take part in the community, they just get their answer and leave. So, forums are not an accurate gauge of reliability by any means.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
Its quite obvious that apple use the same components as any other PC vendor and guess what ???.....they all go wrong from time to time.

I have had a few issues setting things up because it all still new to me but thats software. The hardwares been and software have been well put together.

Well done apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Yea go for the Macbook Pro, all computers can have problems, just PCs are the ones that crap out a little more hah.
Had a Macbook and loved it up untill the day that I sold it for my iMac and still loving this iMac.

OP
S
Reaction score
its about time i would get a mac.. but i really want to get the best one, so i have to wait till apple gets the new MBP's :)
cwa107 your right

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
SchneiderStudio,

If you've noticed, many of the answers here only last one or two posts before the OP gets a solution. If you go to a Windows forum, the number of posts to find a solution is usually much higher (I know, I spent almost 3 years on a Windows forum). And probably more important, maybe more than half of the solutions on Windows forums involve running anti-virus and anti-spyware programs so the poster can get his/her machine running properly (or again). Not so, here. How many posts have you seen where the solution was an anti-virus or anti-spyware program?

Just another viewpoint...

Noel

OP
S
Reaction score
SchneiderStudio,

If you've noticed, many of the answers here only last one or two posts before the OP gets a solution. If you go to a Windows forum, the number of posts to find a solution is usually much higher (I know, I spent almost 3 years on a Windows forum). And probably more important, maybe more than half of the solutions on Windows forums involve running anti-virus and anti-spyware programs so the poster can get his/her machine running properly (or again). Not so, here. How many posts have you seen where the solution was an anti-virus or anti-spyware program?

Just another viewpoint...

Noel

haha thats true, i havnt seen any lol
this forum is awesome ;D

Reaction score
My HD failed. I join the ranks of the unfortunate. But its no big deal, could of happened just as easily as any other computer.

But this is a place that people come for help. So naturally your going to see alot of it. There is generally the few of us that are here to help and socialize on the forum, while hundreds more come and go as help is needed. How most forums work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.