A simple question...

Reaction score
Suppose you take your brand-new iMac to a maintenance store because it appears you have a "glitch", or whatever. And suppose your iMac is in a perfect condition -- not a scratch. So, after a certain period of time, let's say you come back to pick up your fixed, "glitch-free" computer. But then, you notice that the maintenance workers have been kinda sloppy. Suppose, they've been so sloppy and reckless that they damaged the back of the iMac plastic covering and scratched the gentle aluminum casing on top with their tools or due to miss handling. What kind of reaction to that, YOU think would be appropriate? Would I have the right to ask for a new computer from the store?

What is your opinion?

Thank you.

Reaction score
They should be liable to repair anything they damaged. New computer might be overkill, but it may be easier for them in the long run. Was it an Apple Store?

OP
I
Reaction score
They should be liable to repair anything they damaged. New computer might be overkill, but it may be easier for them in the long run. Was it an Apple Store?

No, it was a local store that sells Apple computers with a licence. :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
If it was really this bad I would call them before holding onto it for too long and let them know you aren't happy and want a replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do as suggested immediately. The longer you leave it the bigger the denial they will go into.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz Core Duo ! GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I would take it back to the store immediately, ask for the manager first off then politely tell him to fix my "expletive" computer now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.