• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Vs PCs

Reaction score
Hi there,

As far as im concerned, no one really ever highlights the pros and cons of both Apple Macbooks versus Windows laptops. So heres your chance. Im debating on getting a Macbook Pro but want both sides of the story which are unbiased!?

Cheers

Wurly

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi there,

As far as im concerned, no one really ever highlights the pros and cons of both Apple Macbooks versus Windows laptops. So heres your chance. Im debating on getting a Macbook Pro but want both sides of the story which are unbiased!?

Cheers

Wurly

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi there,

Cheers

Wurly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
You have this same post in 5 different places. I'd suggest doing a search for the benefits of using a Mac vs a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Combined your threads. Please don't crosspost.

Reaction score
Hi there,

no one really ever highlights the pros and cons of both Apple Macbooks versus Windows laptops.

Not to be distasteful, but am I the only one who thinks that this EXACT subject is discussed here like every 3 seconds?

No offense. I know you're new, maybe you should search the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm going to treat this as a "Don't feed the Troll" situation...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Troll for sure baggss!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
As far as im concerned, no one really ever highlights the pros and cons of both Apple Macbooks versus Windows laptops.

You must be joking!! :Shouting: :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Im debating on getting a Macbook Pro but want both sides of the story which are unbiased!?

This is a Macintosh message board, what do you expect? Of course many of us are going to be in favor of Apple.

Reaction score
To be fair, he/she DOES have some other threads considering the purchase of a MBP.
I don't think this person's a troll, but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Maybe he/she wants something like

WINDOWS LAPTOP
Pros:
Stuff here.

Cons:
Stuff here.

MACBOOK PRO
Pros:
Stuff here.

Cons:
Stuff here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac BookPro 2.5Ghz, 17"HD, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm
I made the plunge!

Curly,

I just made the jump with my work laptop, had a Dell 15" widescreen 2.2Ghz with 4gb ram, just ordered a Macbook Pro 17" HD 2.5Ghz, 4 gig ram. The deciding factor was the stability of the Mac OS ( my IS buddy tried to crash his and couldn't) and the fact that they can still be loaded with XP, Vista, etc. I'm also getting it for the graphics power, I do CAD as a part of my job. The Dell was about $1,000 less but is really choking for my application and I do have another colleague who has a 17" HP which he paid $4,500 for about 3 years ago and it also is choking, similar application.

If you have to run XP or Vista, I'd recommend that you read up on Parallels. I'll comment further after I receive my machine, it's due next week!! It will be my first Mac EVER and I'm pretty stoked!

dB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
To be fair, he/she DOES have some other threads considering the purchase of a MBP.
I don't think this person's a troll, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, you would have to be living under a rock, never have owned a computer before, let alone having been on the internet before, or turned on a TV to not know that Mac v. PC is probably the most discussed topic on tech history. You couldn't swing a virtual dead cat around the internet without hitting a story on this topic, but this guy is claiming nobody has ever discussed it before. It's the height of ridiculous.

jah

Reaction score
Hi there,
Cheers
Wurly

might take it easy, the guy (original poster) has only 7 post here.
mac-forums is kinda nice, less shrill than some forms and the people here took the time with me when i first bought my mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
might take it easy, the guy (original poster) has only 7 post here.
mac-forums is kinda nice, less shrill than some forms and the people here took the time with me when i first bought my mac

I think it's been ok so far. All he had to do was search a bit and he would have found lots on that topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.