Question on AppleCare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi guys, I've been reading this forums for while because I was deciding if I wanted to switch over to a Mac... I've finally decided to switch about a month ago and I'll be buying a MacBook when I go to Singapore in about a month's time (it is just a little too expensive in Australia)...

Anyway, I have a few questions...

1) For AppleCare: I know that when I buy the MacBook I get 3 mth phone support and 1 yr parts replacement or something along that line... My question is... If I buy AppleCare immediately when I get my Macbook do I get 3 years phone support or do I get 3 years + 3months phone support?

2) What's the best DC++ client that works on a Mac?

3) Does eMule work on Macs?

4) For iTunes: Is it possible for me to export the play count on my current iTunes? I've played some songs a few hundred times already and I'll be a little sad if it all goes back to 0...

5) I know that Adium and aMSN are the MSN programs to use on Macs... But programs do you guys think is better?

Thanks! Any help given will be greatly appreciated...:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Applecare extends your warranty to a total of three years parts and three years phone support. You don't need to buy it right away as it only serves to extend your warranty, you just have to buy it before the end of the first year.

There are several DirectConnect and DC++ programs available for the Mac. A simple Google search will provide you with links.

eMule itself doesn't have a Mac client, but there is something called aMule which should fill your need.

You simply have to transfer the iTunes profile information found in the iTunes folder to retain play count and ratings.

I personally use Adium as it allows me to use AIM in one client, whereas with aMSN you're limited to just MSN. If you only use MSN, then it just comes down to personal preference. Try both and use the one you like better.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! With reference to the iTunes thing though: is it the .XML file called my iTunes Music Library? Or is it a file thats a iTunes Music Database File? Sorry, I'm a little noob when it comes to things like that...

T

totalpardo

i think you may be able to copy the whole itunes folder to do what you are trying to do. it should work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
On the apple care issue, I got apple care when I first bought my iMac primarily to extend the 3 months of telephone support and I am glad I did because I have used telephone support already beyond the 3 month limit. Why go 9 months without this critical phone support and then get it close to the end of the one year warranty? To me the telephone support is necessary for the 3 full years. However I might add that this is my first experience with a Mac computer so it was critical to me.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.