just ordered my first mac.....used.....slow....but i cant wait!

Reaction score

All right.... I JUST ordered a used lime iMac g3 600mhz (has a new logic board) off of ebay. I know it's slow.. but I really don't have the cash to spend on a new computer that I may not like. Well...I'm a vista user, have always been with windows (tried linux - HATED it!) but i'm thinking my next computer is going to be that 24" iMac.. if i like os X that is. What are the main problems with switching? I know this mac is REALLY slow...but im not getting it to replace my PC, im just getting it to learn os X really...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I've had no problems with switching to OS X. It took a good couple days to become familiar with OS X however it's also really easy to get the hang of.

Congratulations on your purchase!!! :)

Reaction score
the only problem you'll have is getting used to not having error messages and/or jibberish pop up every five minutes. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
if you like that version of OSX Leopard is actually amazing in comparison. From looks to the organization in my opinion.

Whenever I work on computers at work and apples come in, and they are older OS's like Pre 10.2(i think) and OS9 I get pretty angry....lol

Just my opinion and I know im being a whiny wuss about it but, yeah....lol

either way enjoy and have fun :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I was pretty stunned when I upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5! OS X is pretty easy actually, just have a play, get online or whateveer and do your normal stuff and you pick it up pretty quickly by yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That machine will not run Leopard. Tiger might be the beat solution for you with a little patience. Upgrade the RAM depending on what you can afford.

Good luck with it. It's a fun little machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
That machine will not run Leopard. Tiger might be the beat solution for you with a little patience. Upgrade the RAM depending on what you can afford.

Good luck with it. It's a fun little machine.

yah sorry for the confusion i wasnt recommending leopard on that, just if, or i should say WHEN ;D you buy your newer apple and leopard its alot better and a bit different/easier to use

:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.