soon to be switcher - looking for blogging software

T

totalpardo

hello all -

taking the plunge, after gobs of research and 10 trips to the apple retail store...went with a MBP 17in 2.5. shipped 5/27 - update from today says the package is in sacramento woot! :D

can't wait.

anyway, have been looking for a freeware blogging package (compatible with WordPress), hopefully similar to Live Writer, but it seems everyone wants money.

any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks in advance,
pardo

ps - i originally posted this elsewhere - wanted to see if anyone had any ideas over here. i am not trying to be cheap, i will pay for ecto (although am a bit leery as i just read the publisher sold off ecto recently) or mars edit if that is all there really is. i dont prefer to use a word processor to blog, nor do i want to use the admin interface.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I would recommend Mars edit if you're really sold on a standalone app.

Personally I used Fluid to create a site-specific browser for my wordpress admin area. That gives me a standalone app with some nice extras (clipboard feature etc.) for blogging.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.