new macbook

Reaction score
howdy all, I'm new to mac and I have a few questions.
Ok, so I was using a windows pc before i got my book, and I had all of my music saved to an external hdd cuz windows fails. So I am wondering if I should send my music to this computer and go through having to redo my itunes etc. or if I should just leave it all on the external and add as I need for my ipod.
Also, I am wondering what kinds of files should stay on my mac once I download them, and which if any should go to the external.
Thanks for your time and help. If I am one of many with the same question, please point me in the right direction. Thanks all!

- squirellz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Just treat it how you would any other computer - if you want to save some disk space on your macbook by keeping your music on the external that's fine - you can add it to your itunes library from there, or you could copy it over.

Same thing with anything else really - if you want to keep it, do. If it's something you use all the time and you don't always take your external when you go walkabout with your mac, probably better on the harddrive, but it's totally up to you.

If you're like me and download a lot of stuff you might find yourself wanting to stick it on the external to free up space for more downloads...

I have a time capsule and keep all my music and videos on there, purely because I hoard them and have a good 200GB - which wouldn't fit on my macbook! And since I only update my iPod and play music via my mac at home, it works well for me.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot. I was thinking that was about what I should do, I just dont want to walk in blind. Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.