MacBook VNC Connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I'm trying to use VNC to connect to my MacBook remotely, however it constantly drops the connection. I'm using UltraVNC on my Windows box and have port 5900 forwarded through my AEBS to my MacBook and have turned on "Screen Sharing".

When I try to connect, it looks like it's going to load up the remote screen, but then drops out and closes down. If I enter in a wrong password it prompts me that it's incorrect so I know it's connecting......just can't figure out why it closes right after connecting with the correct password.

Have I missed something really simple? Suggestions?

Edit: Sorry, I realized later that this should have been posted in another forum. If a mod can move it, I would appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Well, I don't know the answer for this problem, an alternative for remote desktop and such is: logmein.com

It is all web-based and is wonderful, ohh yah, and it's free!

OP
Khris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Thanks Skye.....works like a charm.

Ideally I'd like something that locks out the local screen while I'm connected remotely (I know VNC doesn't do this), but for now logmein.com works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
The only thing I've used that locks out the local screen that I've used is Apple Remote Desktop (client) and its costly.

Reaction score
colors setting

I had the same problem with the VNC connection to my MacBook dropping as soon as it connected. I found that setting the colors to "full color" fixed the problem. Depending on the client, you should be able to save "full color" as the default.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.