Monitor Downloads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Hi All,

One question from a guy who ends up with about 3 disk images per download.

Is there any way I can check the requested download is actually happening, as I invariably click the download icon more than once because nothing appears to be happening?

Obviously, if I popped off and made a cup of tea or something, I'd find the dmg file in my downloads but being the impatient person I am, I like to know the system is actually DOING what I've asked it to.

So . . .

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi All,

One question from a guy who ends up with about 3 disk images per download.

Is there any way I can check the requested download is actually happening, as I invariably click the download icon more than once because nothing appears to be happening?

Obviously, if I popped off and made a cup of tea or something, I'd find the dmg file in my downloads but being the impatient person I am, I like to know the system is actually DOING what I've asked it to.

So . . .

Sure. In Safari, click on the Window menu and choose "Downloads". That will show you the transfer status.

OP
brianwmay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Doh, didn't think of that one.

I'm not sure I'm bright enough to have one of these!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Growl? and maybe enabling voice? (I'm not sure what it's called because I'm not at my mac at the moment) and firefox has a few addons for this also (including growl)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.