First backup Complete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Yep I've completed my first backup and it only took *wait for it* 31 minutes:D
I only had 19.42GB used and Time Machine says it was backing up 790.683 items WOW that's a lot, more than I thought I actually had.

Next backup is at 11.33pm tonight but I will be turning iMac off now..bedtime for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
congrats ! lol

I use time machine. Peace of mind more than anything

Reaction score
I too did my first day of backups. I have all my music and videos on more than one computer so I don't back those up. My first backup was a whole 27GB and took less than an hour. Every backup since took about 11 seconds. It only backs up files that have changed or so it seems so backups are very quick after the first one.

I partitioned my external firewire drive to have a 100GB partition and so far has only used 27GB of it.

I even tried deleting some videos and restored them within seconds. :D

Have fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
As hexon said above.....it's nice if you chooose what to back up. I too have all current photos/music stored on other external HD's so I don't bother with backing up aything but my work files that change everyday.

Backup's are **** quick. 10 seconds - 1 minute

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I thought you were already backing up your files, Jenn. That initial backup will be the longest. After that one, most hourly backups will actually be "checks" to see if any of your files have been modified, and the only thing time machine will backup is that change, if any. Most hourly backups last a few seconds in duration, for the most part.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Time machine is such good software. It's so nice to just know all the files are nice and safe on there.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Time Machine backup is good and I'm glad to see it's so simple like some of you had told me in another thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.