progs (parallels) on dock disappearing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
A while ago I updated safari. I thought I was doing something because when I clicked on it, it would just disappear from the dock. I thought maybe I was mistakenly clicking one of the right click options or maybe there was a flaw with safari. I've also noticed this with a few other progs (and I was just chalking it up to the same thing) and not. Today I turned on my computer and went to open parallels and it disappeared. I'm not sure what is going on.

The second thing I noticed was when I searched thru finder for parallels. I have 2 parallels applications in 2 different places and both, when you press get info, are diff sizes and diff builds... Is that normal? Is this how updates are done, can I get rid of one of them?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
The first thing that comes to mind when I read you OP is you might be dragging it off of the dock and, in doing so, removing it from the dock. The other thing it might be is if the application's icon isn't on the dock and you open it, it will appear on the dock until the program quits. (You probably know these things already but it's all I could come up with.)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Thanks for replying... I figured it out tho... an update to my Pentablet driver fixed it... Well I'm not wholly sure, I downloaded and installed the driver from the net (overwriting the original from cd) and then installed the update. I had forgotten that my father said he had to do the same thing with his, not sure why the net version would be better/different...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Glad the problem is resolved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.