Macs

Reaction score
Do Macs ever crash/freeze or get any bugs, trojans, spyware, adware, worms, etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Well to be honest, my 5mth old iMac has frozen on me a three times I think. I had Firefox browser open with three tabs and I was doing other things with other applications. I have heard that the reason might be the application, me opening things to fast or Firefox needed updating or even reinstalling.

Virus: Nope
Spyware: No spyware seen and this is great.

The main cleaning I do manually is run the three scripts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Any computer or Operating system can crash or freeze. Peoples experiences will vary depending on how they use their computer. My Mac almost never locks up completely and if it does it is usually a hardware problem. That being said however, my Dell XP based laptop at work has not locked up in over 6 months.

Spyware, Trojans, Viruses etc, there are almost none of the above for the Mac platform.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
yes, my mac has crashed and it has frozen. The crashes and freezing I experienced was much much less frequent than any I had on my previous windows machines. I have had my MBP for about a year and have run tiger then leopard on it, plus my dad had his mac for four and a half years and neither of us have ever gotten any virus or spyware (and we don't run any antivirus software).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
All computers at various times have troubles, whether from failing memory, hard and optical drives and corrupted preference files. These are all replaceable with lifespans just like everything else.

Virus, spyware, malware etc - no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
Never really crashed, had programs quit unexpectedly, but only with 'iffy' programs.

Safari locks up once a while, a force quit, and restart, and 'reopen all windows from last session" usually gets me where I was.
VmWare also quit unexpectedly once, but I was running windoze...

never seen any other program really quit in my face out of the blue, and so far... loving my mac!!!

no viruses... yet
no trojans... yet

hope the yet becomes a never one day. *fingers crossed*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
yep, granted baggss, it was more social engineering (the promise of a special video most likely)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
which member was it>? couldn't find it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.