Hey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Hey guys (and gals). I just recently switched from Windows XP to Mac OS X and am loving it so far. I have a new iMac G5 to help with my creative work (I study graphic design at college) and it's the best computer I've ever used by a considerable margin. The tagline "It just works" is so true, I always had my doubts about it but after experiencing it first hand...

Just thought I would introduce myself here as I expect I will be visiting back fairly often.

Cheers!

efPunksai.png

Reaction score
Thats Great! Glad that you had a sucsessful switch ! I might be getting a G5 within a few months! Have fun with your New G5 and welcome to the forums !

G

General_K

Welcome edgefusion!
Glad to hear your switch was a pleasant one. I think a PowerMac G5 might be my next computer purchase. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
welcome dgefusion. Id love to get a g5 imac, but well see. so where do you study graphic design? if you need help, let me know.:mac:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Welcome to mac-forums :)

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the welcomes guys. :D

Macman -> I study I graphic design at Cornwall College in the UK.

I have one question, how do you uninstall programs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Welcome!

Now if I could only get my iMac G5.. I was supposed to get it a month ago.. then they said on Friday.. and now it's November 30th.. *sigh* Oh well :(

Just drag your application to the trash and empty it.. you've just uninstalled the program :)

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's what I thought but with PCs if you do that it leaves bits of the program everywhere. I should have known Apple would make it nice and simple. ;)

I have another question lol, are there any maintenence programs I should run regularly on my iMac? For example Windows had that defragmenter that needed to be run every so often.

Thanks for your help. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
actually, after deleting the folder/application, you shuold do a search for that app, then delete the results, to make sure you get any extra extensions and what not.:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.