Flying with my new PowerBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
Got my new PowerBook yesterday, lovin it! I am getting ready to get on a plane Saturday with my new toy, and needed to know this... They give the announcements before the flight of devices that can be used during the flight. They tell you that laptops are allowed so long as the wireless part is disabled. To do this do I go into the preferences and turn it off? Is it that easy? :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yep, its that easy

go to system preferences -> network -> (under show) network port configurations -> and then turn it off and hit apply

i have an icon that shows my wireless status on my menu bar (im always on wireless so it is handy to know where the best signal is at all times without haveing to do anything....

to do this do what i said, but under show, go to airport, then click on the airport tab, and then on the bottom check the box saying show airport status in menu bar

(im assuming this is the same for youbc im still running osX 10.2.8)
hope this helps, first time helpin someone on this board :)
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually I think it's even easier. Just click on the little wedge icon in the menu bar and select 'turn airport off'.

That is, if you have it set to be shown up there that is :)

That will turn off the wireless hardware, so that should be all...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ahh yes, i was assuming that it was notthere so suggesting howt o put it there, once it is there (or if it is there) just click on it and turn it off, its that easy
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Make sure ur Bluetooth is also switched off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.