Vmware or Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed Windows Vista via Vmware to play Sins of a SOlar Empire. When I start the game the Vista screen goes black and nothing happens. Also when I ran a performance rating on Vista it gave my PC a 1. I have allocated 2MB RAM in VMware and multi-core processors.

Can Vmware play games or do I need to go the bootcamp root?

I have an iMac 2.8 GHz Core Extreme with 3 GB RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
For 'lightweight' games you'll be OK in VMWare In fact VMWare's next version in Beta now supports a limited number of games with Pixel-shaders that neither the current version of Fusion or Parallels supports.

However, using a VM for demanding games just isn't a particularly pleasant experience at the moment.

If you want to play games at native speeds then using Windows via bootcamp is the only practical solution.

mrplow

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I think I will go the Bootcamp route.

Can I use a Vista Vmware installation to stream media to an Xbox 360?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can I use a Vista Vmware installation to stream media to an Xbox 360?

I don't see why not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.