• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New iMac Delivery Questions!

Reaction score
I recently (19th May) ordered myself a new iMac!

Spec:

20" 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
2GB 800MHZ DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
500GB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
Also the wireless keyboard 'n mouse

When I ordered the email said this:

'We estimate your order to be shipped on or before 23 May, 2008.
We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 26 May, 2008 - 27 May, 2008'

I got a text today saying this:

'An Apple shipment xxxxxxxx has been dispatched. Expect delivery on or before 21 May. Track your order at www.blahblah....'

Which is crazy since today is the 21st, I didn't know Apple went back in time to deliver items lol.

So I tracked the order online and it does say that it has been dispatched however the delivery estimate is ridiculous!

'Shipped to SAGESTON, GB 21 May 2008
Estimated Delivery Date 29 May 2008'

Is that right? An 8 day delivery estimate, is that how long the courier take!? I need to know because I need to be in. My question is, how long does it usually take from dispatch. I guess this is generally a question for British members but It'd be interesting to compare!

Reaction score
The way it works is that the SHIPPING DATE is the day by which the product arrives in a warehouse in your town or area, and the DELIVERY DATE (usually about a week later) is when it shows up on your doorstep from UPS or FedEx. It's one of those fine print quirks. I have forgotten that before and it can really be frustrating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.