Airport can't find wireless connection after I disable ssid broadcast

Reaction score
I am not entirely sure what happened but i was making some changes to my network on my pc through the router control panel and now all of a sudden whenever I open up my macbook it can't find my wireless network. Previously my wireless network was not broadcasting the SSID, I connected the macbook once with it broadcasting then disabled it after connecting, now everytime i open it it can't find it. Is there a way for airport to get onto the network without the ssid being broadcasted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I am not entirely sure what happened but i was making some changes to my network on my pc through the router control panel and now all of a sudden whenever I open up my macbook it can't find my wireless network. Previously my wireless network was not broadcasting the SSID, I connected the macbook once with it broadcasting then disabled it after connecting, now everytime i open it it can't find it. Is there a way for airport to get onto the network without the ssid being broadcasted?

Click the Airport icon in the menu bar...

Then click "Join other network"

Then enter in the Networks ID or Name, and the password.

Be sure to leave a check in "Remember this network"

OP
Q
Reaction score
thanks, i did find the 'remember networks' or w/e its called is what I need to make sure is checked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.