Video Playlists on Front Row?

Reaction score
I have just gotten my Mac Mini.

I am completely new to Mac but I am windows user.

I was able to find my "Movies" folder and drop in an .avi and it showed up in front row to be viewed.

is there a way to make playlists of videos in Front Row that loop?

The whole purpose of me buying the mac is to loop promo videos on our instore hdtv screens. basically in the morning I just want to pick a video playlist for the day, and it loop all day long.

THANKS!!!

OP
H
Reaction score
if front row is not the way to go...please let me know how else I can acheive this?

Thanks.

Reaction score
you can't do that in Front Row... VLC player lets you make video playlists and loop the videos in the playlist

google and download it

OP
H
Reaction score
thank you for your response visualpurple.

I downloaded VLC, and I can create a video playlist, but it is not as intuitive as the Front Row and cannot use the remote.

maybe theres any easier way, but right now I have the playlist I saved on the desktop, then I open VLC and drag the playlist I want to it, then I have to click loop for the play list and then click play, then I have to go to Video>Fullscreen to get it to go into full screen.

this would be ok for me, but the associates are going to be needing to do this every morning and they arent computer literate at all.

is there a way to just set it up so that when they launch VLC, a list of playlists is shown, each playlist with an icon showing what will play, and when they click on the play lists it remembers a profile to loop and go to fullscreen?

if there is nothing like this possible then I may just need to return the Mini Mac and buy something else. If this is the case can anyone recommend something else that will work?

Thanks

Reaction score
so you want multiple playlists, each with a set of videos that are looped?

what you could do is edit together the videos in each playlist so that instead of having a playlist, you just have one video file that has all the component videos in it. You should be able to do this using iMovie. Then you can just load each of those videos into Front Row, so your employees just have to choose which video to play. That still leaves the issue of looping though, which I'm not sure Front Row can do... alternately, your employees could just open the 'video of the day' in VLC, hit the loop button, and full-screen it (you can do this by just double-clicking the video box)... that's not really too complicated

edit: and you can use the remote with VLC to skip videos in the playlist... hit the forward button twice to go to the next video, or the back button twice to go to the previous video

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.