Hauppauge WinTV On MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Hi guys,

I found an old WinTV-Nova-T-USB2 receive box thingy the other day and was wondering if anyone knew where i could get the drivers from to get this working on my macbook? a bit of googling told me that there are programs out there to run it, i just need to find the compatible drivers and thats proving harder than first thought. I found a site with the drivers for the USB1 version, however unfortunately the link to the download spot is broken so i cant even try out the driver for the previous model. Anyone got any idea? Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,

Luke

Reaction score
If you download eyetv it will work, I have one working on an iMac.

It's not cheap (If you link directly from Hauppauge website you used to get a discount but not sure if this is still the case) but is very good.

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you download eyetv it will work, I have one working on an iMac.

It's not cheap (If you link directly from Hauppauge website you used to get a discount but not sure if this is still the case) but is very good.

will definitely look into it, thanks for the tip!

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, unfortunately after looking at the EyeTV site it appears my hardware isnt supported, which is a shame because the EyeTV software looks really good. I may invest in one of the supported pieces of hardware, who knows.
Thanks for your help nonetheless.
Luke

Reaction score
I have the exact same hardware. It works fine.

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the exact same hardware. It works fine.

so when you install EyeTV it doesnt ask you which hardware you'll be using so it can acquire the right drivers etc? What version of EyeTV are you using?

Reaction score
I can't remember exactly but I'm sure it recognised it automatically (Or I may have selected from drop down menu). Either way it was simple and set up in no time (Certainly never had to go trawling for drivers).

I am using version 2.5.2 of the software.

According to the Elgato site the Nova-T stick is compatible with version 3 also (See link).

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/software/EyeTV3/product3.en.html

Edit: I think we may be talking different Nova-Ts here. Mine is the USB stick but I've just noticed a different one online which I think you might mean. Sorry.

Mine is this one

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novatstick.html

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't remember exactly but I'm sure it recognised it automatically (Or I may have selected from drop down menu). Either way it was simple and set up in no time (Certainly never had to go trawling for drivers).

I am using version 2.5.2 of the software.

According to the Elgato site the Nova-T stick is compatible with version 3 also (See link).

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/software/EyeTV3/product3.en.html

Edit: I think we may be talking different Nova-Ts here. Mine is the USB stick but I've just noticed a different one online which I think you might mean. Sorry.

Mine is this one

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novatstick.html

yeah mine is a box that attaches via USB cable, and the arial is plugged into the box. they are different things. thanks for your help anyway though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.