Power Point Viewer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
In windows when I get an email with a PPS and I clicked on the link it opened up in "power Point viewer" which is a MS product. How do I do it in a Mac? I'm new and still learning my alum iMac. Thanks for a reply and I hope I posted this in the right forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
that depends on what office package you have running

office:mac is obviously your better bet for running pps, however keynote will also run and export to powerpoint versions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
MS no longer do a powerpoint viewer for mac. You have 3 choices

Buy MS office for Mac (expensive)

Open the POwerPoint file with iWork's keynote - should have come on your mac and you have a 30 day trial

Open the file up with the Open Source NeoOffice (absolutelly free and will open up and edit/save all word, powerpoint and excel documents)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply but I still don't understand. Say for instance I get an email with a PPS file, what next, open "keynote"? Could you be a little more specific on what to do when I get an email with a PPS file and how to get it to work with keynote? Would it run automatically in keynote when I click on the email? I don't know what you mean by office package either. I just want to know how to open that file on a Mac. Thanks

Reaction score
Just open the file. Keynote will open and play it automatically. Thats really all there is to it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay I got it now. So when I get a PPS file just click on it and Keynote will open it and play it and it will also work with neoOffice. I really don't have a need for any Microsoft products. Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
Side note: I have more luck with NeoOffice. Keynote constantly messes up the pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I agree. NeoOffice is nearly perfect in this regard. It is painfully slow to start up, but other than that, it is great. I highly recommend it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.