Advice on buying!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
I want to get an iMac and run windows on it to game from time to time and do my work on Leopard. Also I'd like to know whether that I'll be able to sync both computers and do my work on both iMac and Macbook. I've got around 30gb's of designs that I need to carry all of that around with me all of the time.

I dont want to save it in an external. It'll be too much of a hassle carrying out an external all the time

Anyway. Would like some advice. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I want to get an iMac and run windows on it to game from time to time and do my work on Leopard. Also I'd like to know whether that I'll be able to sync both computers and do my work on both iMac and Macbook. I've got around 30gb's of designs that I need to carry all of that around with me all of the time.

I dont want to save it in an external. It'll be too much of a hassle carrying out an external all the time

Anyway. Would like some advice. Thanks!

You can sync your iMac to the MacBook by using either a USB cable or Firewire. Firewire might be the better choice as it's a bit faster.

I do recommend you reconsider an external though. I have a small SimpleTech 160 Gb external I'm currently using as backup for my MacBook. It's very small, lightweight, and easily fits in my carry bag along with the MacBook.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | 30GB iPod Video | 16GB iPod Touch
I would use an external with Time Machine as the backup program, and have an internal 500 GB hard drive. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.