net logon issues between g4 power pc and leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1.25gh power pc 10.5.x
I recently installed leopard on a G4 power mac (with a power pc 1.25gh processor) and my IP's tech support team (3 of them) is telling me that they can't get my computer on line because my power mac won't (look for the right ip server?)
here's what we did; we went to sys pref-network; in the ethernet setting, we configured by "using DHCP", clicked on the advanced button and in the TCP/IP tab, the IPv4 address kept popping up wrong according to the Shaw Cable tech support team. although we had connection, the IPv4 address started with a 169 number instead of one starting with 68.
they are stating that the problem lies with the computer because it can't find the proper address even after pressing the "renew DHCP lease" button. We tried several variation of the same thing to no avail.
Is this something that only Apple can help me with or is it their lack of knowledge with MACs that is preventing them from fixing this?
Thanks for reading this and hopfully you can help me or direct me to someone who can,

cordially,
mike c
[email protected]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.