iTunes: Adjusting genre?

D

Desolate One

Hey guys, got another n00b questions regarding the wonderful world of Mac. Whilst archiving more CDs I've been noticing that the genre iTunes uses aren't entirely correct. I mean it's no big deal really but it's kinna odd when I want to listen to some Reverend Horton Heat and I have to go to my "country" genre when browsing. However I can see why they may have stuck the Rev. in country. So, is there anyway to change it?

Thanks again guys! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sure, to edit the ID3 tags (a standard for storing the info on musical tracks), just select a track and ctrl-click (or right-click / shortcut: apple-i) and select 'Get Info'.

There select the 'info' tab and edit the information as you want.

You can also select multiple songs (shift-click) and edit information for all of them.

So in your case, select Rev. Heat in the artists browsing area, then press apple+a to select all tracks by him. Ctrl-click to edit the genre for all those tracks...

OP
D

Desolate One

Sweet! Man you guys rule! :D

Edit: iTunes Rocks! I was even able to change it to Rockabilly by selecting "Custom"! So does this then change the ID3 tag as well?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.