Help Bootcamp!

Reaction score
Hello
I need urgently help. I think I did the worst thing I could on my mac.By mistake I used a recovery XP disk instead of the original copy with the Bootcamp assist. Then my PC turn off to make the instalation and it didnt display anything for 2 hours.. I desided to turn it of unplaging the battery as it didnt responding from the buttons.. When I turn it of again it started to reading the CD already inside a know it gives me errors that windows 98 cant allocate ram, or drive CD not found.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hello
I need urgently help. I think I did the worst thing I could on my mac.By mistake I used a recovery XP disk instead of the original copy with the Bootcamp assist. Then my PC turn off to make the instalation and it didnt display anything for 2 hours.. I desided to turn it of unplaging the battery as it didnt responding from the buttons.. When I turn it of again it started to reading the CD already inside a know it gives me errors that windows 98 cant allocate ram, or drive CD not found.

I'm really not sure exactly what it is you did, however, remove the CD by powering off and then power on again and hold down your mouse button while rebooting.

Go back into Boot Camp assistant and use restore. That will get your hard drive back to normal. (all OS X) Now start over with Boot Camp assistant and create a new partition for XP. Only this time use the correct XP CD to install. The XP CD must be a full install CD not an upgrade.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
I was able to extract the cd and to use restore from the BootCamp *** in order to eliminate any partition left behind but still when I reboot my PC if I will not press the alt button i will be asked to insert the " bootable cd"!!Only when alt is pressed I can switch it OS X

OP
B
Reaction score
I'm really not sure exactly what it is you did, however, remove the CD by powering off and then power on again and hold down your mouse button while rebooting.

Go back into Boot Camp assistant and use restore. That will get your hard drive back to normal. (all OS X) Now start over with Boot Camp assistant and create a new partition for XP. Only this time use the correct XP CD to install. The XP CD must be a full install CD not an upgrade.

Regards.
I was able to extract the cd and to use restore from the BootCamp *** in order to eliminate any partition left behind but still when I reboot my PC if I will not press the alt button i will be asked to insert the " bootable cd"!!Only when alt is pressed I can switch it OS X

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When you get into OSX open System Preferences and then Startup Disk. Click on the OSX Partition and click reboot. That should fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.