Expected Memory for the New "Apps"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Ghz 12 core Mac Pro (5.1 flash) High sierra
I have a 8G iPhone and usualy carry no more than one movie or a couple shows, and I am firvently looking forward to the opening of the App Store. I am curious as to how much memory usage can we expect on the average application?

Any thoughts?

MacDad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Most apps made with the unofficial toolchain are about a few hundred kb to a few megs (2-3 usually).
The largest thing i've installed in a 2-way translation dictionary which was 10 MB or so I think.

I'd say if you've got 50 megs or so left, you'll be fine for most apps, games might need more than average though.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Ghz 12 core Mac Pro (5.1 flash) High sierra
cool, thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
You really don't need to worry about it. currently I have over 70 Games & Apps installed on mine roughly 400MB. I'm sure once the new 2.0 firmware comes out Apple will expand the partition on the iPhones harddrive. Until then you just
Jailbreak.With the SDK your going to have to pay for the same Apps & Games you currently can get for Free if you jailbreak with Installer.I don't see anything spectacular coming out with the SDK that has not already been made... Don't get me wrong there will be some great programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.