• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What should I expect from my new CrackBer, er, BlackBerry?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
It's supposed to be here Monday, and I can barely contain my excitement.

Is there anything in particular I should be ready for, other than the shift from a numeric keypad to a full qwerty?

It's the 8700g model, in case you were curious.

Anyone else have a CrackBerry on the forums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I recently got a Blackberry Curve (8310) and I've been really enjoying it, it's convenient to use, has tons of useful apps lets you browse the web, great little phone, and surprisingly still pretty small for all it can do, I think you'll really enjoy yours, the scroll ball thingy is a nice little addition.

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I recently got a Blackberry Curve (8310) and I've been really enjoying it, it's convenient to use, has tons of useful apps lets you browse the web, great little phone, and surprisingly still pretty small for all it can do, I think you'll really enjoy yours, the scroll ball thingy is a nice little addition.

I actually got the model that had the side scroll wheel, just because I wasn't a huge fan of the scroll ball, but it sounds like it's going to be awesome otherwise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i had two blackberries they are very addictive. They both were very sturdy meaning i dropped them both many times and they kept on working with out a problem. The blackberries also seemed to have better cell reception compared to any other phone i owned before them.

enjoy your crackberry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I've used many BB's over the years.....

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/archived/850-950.jpg
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/archived/857-957.jpg
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/archived/6750.jpg
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/archived/7270.jpg
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/pc/images/product/bb_large_image/204_47.jpg

...and am currently using a Curve with Telus in Canada.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/pc/images/product/device_detail_large_image/883_47.jpg

So far, I'd have to say that the Curve has to be the best BB I've ever used. Obviously since it's the newest it's the most technologically advanced, however they've certainly refined its functionality over the years to the point where it's an utterly amazing device. The track ball took a little getting used to, but now I find it much more usable than the scroll wheel.

Having said that, I much prefer my personal iPhone as compared to the Curve (which I use for work). Nothing can beat a touchscreen, and it will be interesting to see the BB 9500 "Thunder" touch-screen model whenever it finally comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
don't expect wifi ... (grumble....) (grrr)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
If you're getting it for work, then:
- Don't expect to sleep again.
- Are you in a band? Well, you can give that up.
- Hope you're not married!

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're getting it for work, then:
- Don't expect to sleep again.
- Are you in a band? Well, you can give that up.
- Hope you're not married!

Nah, I'm getting it because I wanted a smart phone that didn't make me look like a 13 year old with rich parents (Sidekick), and I really don't like the iPhone.

However, I'm geeked as all get out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
First Blackberry was a BB Curve 8310. Awesome. Can't put it down. Check out crackberry.com and sign up for their forums. Browse around before you get your BB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
got a blackberry curve 8310 the other day and I love it. It is so nice to go to si.com or cnn.com and check the news right on my phone. the pocketmac software is terrible so look at the missing sync for blackberry software. There is a free trial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
My Step Dad has had his for about 2 weeks. At first he liked it, but now he keeps trying to steal my iPhone because he can't work it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I'm not a fan of the blackberry. The keyboard is way to small and confusing. I can use it but keep having to ask myself "How did I do that again?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not a fan of the blackberry. The keyboard is way to small and confusing.
It's a QWERTY keyboard...? What do you find confusing about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's very small and a bit of a pain to read. Too much stuff on one key. It's predictive text seems to be jumping the gun way to often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
I absolutely love my Crackberry. It works like a charm. It's the best phone I've owned, and I've had quite a few. I'm on my 4th Blackberry and don't foresee myself choosing anything different in the future...And definitely check out Missing Sync for Blackberry.

Have fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's very small and a bit of a pain to read. Too much stuff on one key. It's predictive text seems to be jumping the gun way to often.

Predictive text? We must be talking about two different blackberrys. :) The curve 8310 is such a ease to use. The Pearls are difficult though. Which BB were you talking about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
and I really don't like the iPhone.

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!

j/k... I actually like the Blackberry, most of my friends have them... But I am waiting for the 3G iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The pearl. I haven't tried the curve yet. I hope it's better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The pearl. I haven't tried the curve yet. I hope it's better

Ah yes. Then I agree with you 100 percent on the keyboard being confusing. :) The Curve keyboard is definitely easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your right. I just looked at the curve and it's a night and day difference on the keyboard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.