• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Barack Obama is in Michigan! THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So, as I said, Brarack Obama is in Michigan!
(You probably know, but since I live in Michigan, i'm excited)
At the Van Andel.
CLOSE to me.

Maybe I should go. I'm SURE I won't get in, but I want some MERCHANDISE!

Anyway,
It makes me happy when people come to Michigan.
Our state is in NEED!

I'm just SO happy about the change that the state, and nation will face after this election. As long as it's a change in the right direction, for me the winner isn't as important as a positive change.

My .02.

I'm just so excited.

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Obama was in my area a couple months ago and my friend said it was an amazing experience. I regret not having gone. I would highly suggest you go so that you don't feel the same level of regret :D

Oh, and in case you need some extra incentive:

John Edwards might endorse Barack Obama tonight in Michigan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I dunno if John Edwards endorsing anyone is a good idea. I actually despise him more than Bush.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really? I rather like the guy. His endorsement would dull Clinton's West Virginia victory, and plus, I would like to see Edwards with a Cabinet level position, possibly Labor, or even better, as Attorney General

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish I would have went.
Some people from my school went.
My mom didn't feel like driving in all that junk, especially after she comes home from being a bus driver all day.

Reaction score
What specifics (regarding change) does he favor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Edwards was all about reducing poverty and helping out the lower class, so the change he offers is to get the government to focus more on those issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Obama got his (Edward's that is) endorsement today incase anybody didn't already know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Edwards was all about reducing poverty and helping out the lower class, so the change he offers is to get the government to focus more on those issues.

Where have I heard that before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, I'll have to see it to believe it too, but that's his message, and that's what people see him representing.

This doesn't really offer much besides dulling the WV Clinton win and Edwards hopping on the bandwagon now that there seems to be a clear winner. I really think he's gunning for some sort of position in the future administration, and I think he would do a good job in any position he would get, especially Attorney General.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
For the record, Obama also picked up another 4 Super Delegates last night / today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I saw him/stood in the front row/shook his hand when he spoke in Akron in the beginning of the year.

I'm not one to get all excited over a political candidate though. I definitely support him, but I'll hold off my excitement until he produces results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Really? I rather like the guy. His endorsement would dull Clinton's West Virginia victory, and plus, I would like to see Edwards with a Cabinet level position, possibly Labor, or even better, as Attorney General

The last thing we need is a trial lawyer as this country's Attorney General. Edwards made a killing bilking doctors and insurance companies over claims of negligence regarding some type of birth defect based on arguments that have long since been proven meritless. Malpractice premiums are out of control thanks to people like him, and with the trickle-down effect, our insurance premiums and general cost of health care has skyrocketed. Doctors are quitting and even more potential candidates for med school are looking elsewhere for careers because the hassles and expenses make the career much too unattractive. The population is aging, aging fast, and the burdens on our healthcare system will be more severe than ever in the near future. We need fixes, not more opportunities to bilk the industry even more. [/rant]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Does anyone really believe that any of these three candidates represents any significant change? They are all from the same mold, minus their political differences. They've all been corrupted by the Washington political machine.

That said, I've been try to figure out who I'll vote for in November. That's a tough one. I've been a life-long Republican but McCain represents the same crap we've had for, well, at least the last 20 years. And, frankly, my political views have become much more moderate in the last 10 years or so. I'd have to say Obama vs. McCain I'd stick with McCain. There's just something a little too slick about Barack for my taste. However, Clinton vs. McCain, I'd probably vote for Hillary. Man, I can't believe I just wrote that!

And trust me, I've been to a few political rallies. It doesn't matter who the candidate is ... it is quite an "experience". Don't let that get in the way of clear thinking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I'm with you John. Even 6 months ago I would never have even considered voting for a Dem. I would probably still choose McCain over Clinton though. This is just because of her stance on gun control though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm with you John. Even 6 months ago I would never have even considered voting for a Dem. I would probably still choose McCain over Clinton though. This is just because of her stance on gun control though.
Gun control and abortion are the two issues I disagree with the Dems the most. That's what keeps me more toward the center these days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Obama has too little experience to be able to effect any real change in the near or mid-term, hoping for change or changing for hope (or whatever) ain't going to solve anything nor is taxing the heck out out of the rich or industry. Hillary brings way to much baggage (his name is Bill) to the table and she's also likely to be MORE divisive than Bush has been. That being said though, I could live with Hillary as President more than I could Obama. He's to far to the right for me. Hillary isn't going to give in anytime soon, at least not until it's guaranteed that Obama has the required delegates and she can't steal them back. That's only going to happen on the convention floor.

Personally, I'm voting for McCain even though he's only slightly to the right of Hillary. At least he has the experience and knows how to work across party lines to get things done.

For those who complain that all 3 are "insiders" and have been corrupted by DC, I will remind you that Both Bush and Clinton were DC outsiders when they were elected and we all know how well that turned out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Gun control and abortion are the two issues I disagree with the Dems the most. That's what keeps me more toward the center these days.

And the two things the White House has the least amount of say in. I would suggest voting on other issues, simply because those are going to be decided in the courts.

Reaction score
Does anyone really believe that any of these three candidates represents any significant change? They are all from the same mold, minus their political differences. They've all been corrupted by the Washington political machine.

I concur. Not to say I don't care or that I am not going to vote, but I just don't think any outcome is going to make a noticeable difference in my day-to-day life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Quite frankly, I don't give a turkey who we move into office as long as we toss the self centered and self serving idiot that is presently in the White House out already. The damage done to this country these past 7 years is going to take a long, long time to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.