More questions from a Mac virgin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8ghz
many thanks to the people who answered some of my previous questions. I am slowly (very slowly) getting to grips with the os but there are still a few things that are perplexing me.

When I install software or app where should I install it so all users can see/use the app?

Same goes for photos, is there a global folder that I should be placing photos in so all users can see them?

Why when I connects iPhone and choose not to import the few recently taken image does iphoto make yet another /recovered/images numberxxx folder?

Hopefully answers for the above topics will help me answer further questions which are bothering me.

Thanks in advance

Beddy bear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
If your the only user on the computer, just do it for you.

Since I got my mac i've never even bothered with iphoto and got lightroom and aperature 2 right away.

There is a preferences setting in iphoto for shutting off the auto/import of any device.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8ghz
I'm not the only user, i have set an account for my wife to use. I didn't realise it would separate the files so much. photos which i imported into iphoto didn't show up in her iphoto and apps such as officemac etc. don't show either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Use the Shared photo for your photos.

Having 2 users really does create separate computers in effect - think whether you really need separate users.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8ghz
yes it never occurred to me that things would really be ---separate----d but she doesn't like the way i "clutter" up the desktop etc. so having different users was the best option.

thanks for your answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.