• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Unboxing Time! How exciting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Enjoy!

9a4b8d55.jpg

161c8f1a.jpg

4964201b.jpg

0a950e41.jpg

Reaction score
Wow! A mouse that unpacks itself!!! Now THAT is technology! On the more serious side - congrats for your happy Apple moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Mi..Mi... Mi... Micro.. Microsoft! EWY!!! Don't tell me that's going on your mac. Oh the agony!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
Okay, I know how the "tilt (steering) wheel" works on my car...what is a "tilt wheel" on a mouse? Does it tilt to one side or the other to create more button options? Or to scroll to the left or right? 'Splain, please. :\

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mi..Mi... Mi... Micro.. Microsoft! EWY!!! Don't tell me that's going on your mac. Oh the agony!

Yes, and it's getting along great with my Mac.

If Apple would just learn how to make a bloody mouse, I wouldn't have had to come to this.

Reaction score
I can see it now - you standing up at the meeting of the Microsoft Anonymous Association and saying: "Hi my name is derek mcnelly and I am a Microsoft mouse user!"

Reaction score
Oh, i have a variation of that mouse!
It's not wireless.
I only use it when my wireless runs out of batteries.

Hope you like microsoft mice....I don't!
The scroll wheel is VERY dirty. Had it for about 8 months.

My GOOD mouse is from wal-mart. :)

Durabrand. Cheap, yet so great. Just wish I had some rechargeable AAAs.
It's SO solid. Not plastic-y at all.
For only $19.99.

Reaction score
Oh, and to poke some fun:

DEREK, YOU'RE IN LUCK.....BECAUSE IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA!!!!!

;)

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
Imo, as long as it works then its worth the money. That is probably why he payed for it.
You should have just slapped one of those apple stickers on top of it, then everyone would have been speechless :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I've only had my MB and wireless Mighty Mouse for about a week.......but I really don't understand why people don't like the Mouse? Am I liking it only because I haven't had any problems with it?

Reaction score
I, for one, do like any mouse. I have used a tracker ball for years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Congratulations. Im thinking of getting a logitech revolution. Anyone got one, and your thoughts on it ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
I used the revolution for a about a week, but returned it after a friend brought up a valid point on devices that use their own rechargeable battery. Eventually, the batteries life will dwindle and then you have to bare the pain of ordering and waiting for a new one. So i swapped it for the Log vx nano. Which has to be one of the best mice i have ever owned. I travel a lot, so it seems more practical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Mac with a Microsoft mouse? We live in some sad times :p

OP
Derek McNelly
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've only had my MB and wireless Mighty Mouse for about a week.......but I really don't understand why people don't like the Mouse? Am I liking it only because I haven't had any problems with it?

Yeah, I loved mine until the darn scroll ball crapped out.

This Microsoft one is really nice though. I like it a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Congratulations. Im thinking of getting a logitech revolution. Anyone got one, and your thoughts on it ?

I just picked one up from tiger direct for about 60 bucks and i love it. that battery last for quite a while on a charge and it is very comfortable to use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Even ignoring the high failure rate of the scroll ball after the first several months, the fact that there are not two buttons is an issue. Yes, you can right click if you're clicking -only- the right side of the mouse, but this makes it impossible to click both right and left click at the same time. This is actually used in Linux and also in some games like WoW. Furthermore, the lack of forward and back buttons on a mouse that expensive is unacceptable in my mind. I'm sure many people get along with the mouse fine, but I know that I would never use the thing unless it came with my computer and I didn't have any spare mice laying around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I don't right/left click at the same time in linux. Center click works just as well ;) Either way, I liked the mighty mouse well enough until the scroll ball pretty much stopped working suddenly and to be honest, driving an hour to talk to the genius for a mouse wasn't worth it to me. Now I have a logitech bluetooth laptop mouse and man.. I like that mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.