An attempt...?

Reaction score
OK, so I get an external drive, plug it into my Intel iMac, format in FAT 32. I put in Windows CD, restart holding down C. I install Windows choosing the external drive during setup. No removing internal drives, or hacking installs, or anything. Bla bla bla....
It might work; or not.

I want to try it! But here's the thing: Would it do any harm to try it? And if so, what might happen if it didn't work? What are the risks? If any.

If it's all risk free, I'll have a go, and report back.

Please help! Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Why would it hurt? Your installing it on an external disk. If the install doesn't work then all you do is format the external drive and your back to where you started.

Tell me what you are worried about? Also, I would of formatted to NTFS instead of FAT32

OP
F
Reaction score
Why would it hurt? Your installing it on an external disk. If the install doesn't work then all you do is format the external drive and your back to where you started.

Tell me what you are worried about? Also, I would of formatted to NTFS instead of FAT32
Hmmm... Well, I'm not sure really. I think I heard that it could corrupt the internal drive or something, somehow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hmmm... Well, I'm not sure really. I think I heard that it could corrupt the internal drive or something, somehow.
Not if you boot from the external drive.

Give it a try.

OP
F
Reaction score
Not if you boot from the external drive.

Give it a try.

Meh, I see what you mean. I'll give it a go at the weekend.
Hehe, I'd love to play GTA SA online, thats been the only bad point about mac lol :D

If anyone else knows anything more, let me know please, and thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.