• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why did you switch from PC to Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Why did you switch?

I did because I couldn't resist leopard. =x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
tinkered around with a mac one day and never put it down

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 4 MB Cache, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive
After fighting with my windows laptop for many weeks (it kept crashing and running slow), I tried clearing it out, reinstalling factory settings, etc etc. and it was still useless.

So one day, after it crashed during an essay I was writing, I had a fit, ran out and bought a macbook and have smiled ever since!

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
After fighting with my windows laptop for many weeks (it kept crashing and running slow), I tried clearing it out, reinstalling factory settings, etc etc. and it was still useless.

So one day, after it crashed during an essay I was writing, I had a fit, ran out and bought a macbook and have smiled ever since!

I feel you man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I tried Vista ;P

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My opinion on vista = unnecessary graphics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I wanted to get into graphic design and knew that Macs were industry standard so... yeah! =D Been almost 4 years now... wow... never once looked back. I have contemplated buying a Windows laptop and running Linux on it, mainly for financial reasons but I've decided to save up (if I have the willpower...) and eventually buy a MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Never owned a PC either, although have to use Windows at work occasionally, which reinforces my believe in the Mac. Tiger and Leopard are significantly better than XP and Vista..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
I was due for a new laptop for work and wanted the thinest and lightest but wanted to maintain a normal size keyboard and 13" screen. Yep got the MBA and love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8ghz
Having bought an iPod then the iPhone I was so impressed with the style and quality of apple products that when my of went bang I bit the bullet and bought an iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"
Have had Windows machines since the beginning of time. Never had much of an issue with them either. My son has slowly been taking over my laptop. Lost my desktop to him and his sister a few years ago and now the Dell laptop is going the same way.
As for the Mac? I just figured, why the **** not? Pretty impressed so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Wanted a small form factor laptop with fairly good battery life and just wanted to try something new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
I take very good care of my computers, operating on my last windows machine for four years and saw no signs that it would soon turn the corner and become junk. But, I'd been eying making the switch for about two years just for the **** of it - in general, I just didn't like Windows. Leopard came out, and at my next convenient opportunity I became a Mac user.

Shorthand version: Leopard is just better :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I worked in an internet cafe and was suddenly in charge of 13 G3 iMacs... and kinda got so into the macs I've pretty much forgotten how to use a PC...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I used nothing but Mac's and SGI's in school years ago. Used Mac's for a long time after that.. now back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I bought a new PC with Vista, and I was very disappointed at its performance. In conjunction, I picked up an iPhone, and I was so amazed at the intuitiveness of the user interface and how easy it was to use that I decided to pick up an iMac.

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
<---- See avatar!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.