Just started using my Apple and I have a few questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
1. I sign into a forum but when I go to do something it logs me out and asks me to sign in again.

2. Is there anyway to have every page open in larger text. I know how to change it once it is open but I seem to have to enlarge the text every time I open a window.

3. Is it possible to right click?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
1. I'm not sure it's your mac that's doing that. Have you tried checking the 'remember me?' box? Are you accepting cookies?

2. If you don't have any difficulty reading normally and a 12pt font is too small on your screen do you have the resolution set correctly?

3. Hold ctrl+click. Though you don't use it as much as you'd think.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do I manage Pt's 1 and 2?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also looking at your response mac, font and resolution are highlighted and bold on the Mac while on the PC there is just regular text.

Edit: This forum seems to work on both while I am still having issues with the other forum. So frustrating. I also figured out the resolution issue, but I am unsure about the cookies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you searched for those words and came up with this post they'll be highlighted and/or bold (can't remember which).

Does the other forum work on your PC? Cos it sounds to me like it's the site that's the problem.

1. When you are on the forum and there is a sign in box, there is usually an option for the site to remember your username and password for next time you log in. Check the box.

If this doesn't work then to check the cookie thing you need to go to the browsers preferences. For FireFox that's Firefox> Preferences> Privacy. See if you are accepting cookies, if not, you might want to try enabling it.

2. If everything on your screen seems too small you may want to change the resolution. If you go to system preferences is it under 'displays'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
Personally, I do use right-click as much as one would think, but thankfully there is a way to turn the setting for right-click on. Should be in System Preferences -> Mouse.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes the PC can access the forum just fine and I did check the remember me box. No luck though.

Reaction score
I use my right click all the time; I don't know what you're talking about.

Since you're using a MBP, go to mouse settings in preference, go to "trackpad", and check "tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click." Now, when you click on anything using two fingers instead of one, you'll get a right click. It's quite intuitive.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got the cookie setting sorted out. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.